- Milk: 2 litre
- Sugar: 3 cups
- Saffron: 10-15 strands
- Paneer: 300 gms
- Maida: 2 tbsps
- For garnishing: Saffron,Pista and cherries
- Take the milk in a heavy saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to minimum and stir occasionally.
- Soak the saffron strands in a tablespoon of warm milk.
- When the milk is reduced to 1/3 add about 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Stir cook to a desired consistency.
- In a large bowl take the paneer and mash.
- Sprinkle the remaining flour and knead smooth.
- Divide it into equal porions and roll.
- Flatten each ball.
- Take the remaing sugar in a heavy saucepan.
- Add 2 and 1/2 cup of water and make a syrup.
- Mix the remaining flour to half cup of water and add to the sugar syrup.
- Add the flatten ball to the boiling syrup and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Let it cool and squeeze the sweets.
- Add the sweets to the thick milk.
- Also add the soaked saffron strands along with the soaked milk.
- Cook upon low heat till done.
- Garnish with saffron, pista and cherries.
- Serve chilled.