Mosolare Rondha maach (Masala fish)
- Fish: 6 pieces
- Grated onion: 2 tbsps
- Slit green chillies: 2
- Cumin powder: 1 level tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 level tsp
- Chilli powder: 1/2 level tsp
- Thick coconut juice: 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg powder: a pinch
- White pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: for frying the fish
- Oil: 3 tbsps(For making the curry)
- Turmeric powder, salt: as required
- Warm water: 200 ml
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Clean, wash and drain the fish.
- Rub salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
- Half fry the fish upon medium heat.
- Heat 3 tbps oil in a karai and temper with paanch phuron.
- Fry the grated onion till half done.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Upon medium heat fry well. Sprinkle water twice.
- When oil floats to the top add the warm water and salt to taste.
- Cook for about 7 minutes and add the fish.
- After a minute add the coconut juice, slit green chillies and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook till the fish is soft.
- Enjoy with rice.
Notes: If you love coconut can add about a cup.