- Mint leaves: 1 ½ cup
- Water: 5 cups
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Lemon juice: ½ cup
- Salt: ½ tsp
- For garnishing: mint leaves
- Wash the mint leaves well and drain well.
- Grind the mint leaves coarsely with the salt.
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl and add the grinded mint leaves to it.
- Also add the lemon juice to it.
- Stir well and keep the bowl covered for an hour.
- Take the remaining 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and put the saucepan upon medium heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon till the sugar dissolves.
- Cool the syrup and add it to the mint mixture.
- Strain well and taste for salt.
- Chill the mint mixture overnight.
- Fill ½ of a glass with the mint juice.
- Add about 6 ice cubes and pour water.
- Garnish with a mint leaves.
- Serve the delicious refreshing drink to your children.