- Cocum: 1 hand full
- Sugar: ¾-1 cup
- Boiling water: 1 cup
- Water: 3 cups
- Fennel: 2 tsps
- Salt: 2/3 level tsp or as desired.
- For garnishing: cocum and fennel seeds
- Ice cubes: as desired
- Wash the dry cocum and drain.
- Soak it in a cup of boiling water for an hour.
- Mash the cocum with hands.
- Take 3 cups of water in a saucepan.
- Put it upon medium heat and add the sugar.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves and cool.
- Add the mashed cocum to the sugar syrup.
- Also add salt to taste.
- Stir well and strain.
- Put the drink in a jar.
- Add the fennel seeds.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pour ½ of a glass with the chilled juice.
- Add about 6 pieces of ice cubes and pour water.
- Garnish it with a piece of cocum.
- Enjoy cocum on rocks.