- Chicken: 750 gms
- Finely grated onion: 2 medium
- Grated ginger: 2 tsps
- Slit green chillies: 3
- Fermented bamboo shoot juice : 3 tbsps
- Mustard oil: 4 tbsps
- Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 level tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 level tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 level tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Clean, wash and drain the chicken pieces.
- Take the juice out of the onion and ginger.
- With a little salt rub it to the chicken pieces and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat mustard oil in a heavy karai.
- Fry the fenugreek seeds till black and remove.
- Drain the chicken pieces and add it to the oil.
- Add turmeric powder and coriander powder and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated juice and salt to taste.
- cook covered till almost done.
- Add slit green chillies and fermented bamboo shoot juice.
- Cook for 2 more minutes and switch off the gas.
- Garnish to taste and serve.