Baanhgajor Lagot Kukura (Chicken with Bamboo Shoot)
- Country chicken (dressed): 1 kg
- Ginger paste: 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste: 1½ tbsps
- Turmeric powder: l tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Mustard oil: 2 tbsps (to marinate)
- Mustard oil: 4 tbsps
- Finely grated onion: ½ cup
- Chopped green chillies: 2 tsps
- Finely grated bamboo shoot: 3 tbsps
- Warm water: 800 ml
- Salt: to taste
- To decorate – green chilli, onion rings
- Cut the chicken into desired size. Clean, wash and drain.
- In a bowl add ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mustard oil to the chicken.
- Cover and marinate for half an hour.
- In a karahi heat mustard oil. Add the grated onion and stir fry upon medium heat.
- When oil floats to the top add the marinated chicken.
- Stir fry till the chicken is dry. Add the grated bamboo shoot and the chopped chilli. Sprinkle salt.
- Stir for a minute. Add hot water.
- Bring to boil and simmer till the chicken is tender.
- Serve Baanhgajor Lagot Kukura with plain rice decorating with a green chilli and onion rings.
Notes: Instead of grated bamboo shoot grinded bamboo shoot can also be used.