- Small fish: about 10
- Turmeric paste: 1 level tsp
- Ginger paste: 1 level tsp
- Mustard oil: 1 tbsps
- Nigella: a pinch
- Coriander leaves: a few sprigs
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 250 ml
- Clean the fish.
- Clean the intestine of the fish well.
- Wash the fish and drain.
- Heat the water and add the turmeric paste.
- Heat oil in a karai.
- Fry the nigella and add the hot water.
- Bring to boil and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and salt to taste.
- Cook till the fish is done and soft.
- Add the ginger paste.
- Tear the coriander with hands and add.
- Cover for about 2 minutes after switching off the gas.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.