- Mustard seed: 100 gms
- Plantain leaf: 1
- Salt: to taste
- Kolakhar (Indigenous soda): to knead the grounded seeds
- Clean, wash and dry the seeds.
- Clean the plantain leaf and pass it over fire to make it pliable.
- Dry grind the seeds and sieve.
- Put the grinded mustard seed powder on the wrong side of the plantain leaf.
- Sprinkle salt. Add kolakhar little at a time and knead.
- Knead well for 15 minutes or until oil appears on the leaf.
- Make a ball, flatten it and wrap it to form a parcel. Tie the parcel with a string.
- Keep the parcel inside a container and keep it in a warm place.
- On the 3rd day the Kharoli is ready to eat as chutney.