Begena bhaji (Brinjal fry)
- Brinjal(long): 2 (150 gms)
- Besan: 1/2 cup
- Rice powder: 1/4 cup
- poppy seeds: as reruired
- Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Salt: to taste
- Water; to make a batter
- Oil: for deep frying the fritters
- Wash the brinjal and split.
- Make desired size pieces.
- Make a batter of besan, rice powder, baking powder, poppy seeds and ajowan.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder while making the batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip each pieces of brinjal and fry in batches upon medium heat till golden brown and done.
- Keep in a paper napkin to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot with rice and dal and a chutney.
Notes: Can also use flour in place of besan.