Maachor Telera Bhoja Bengena (Brinjal Fry with Fish Oil)
- Fish oil: 100 gms
- Brinjal: 200 gms
- Onion: 2 medium
- Mustard oil: 1 tbsp
- Dry chilli: 1
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: to taste
- To decorate; mint leaves
- Clean and wash the fish oil.
- Make half inch pieces of the fish oil.
- Wash the brinjals and make pieces.
- Peel, wash and slice the onions.
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi.
- Add the dry chilli and the sliced onion.
- Fry till soft. Add the fish oil.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt. Stir for about half a minute.
- Add the brinjals. Stir upon medium heat and cover.
- Stir oMethodasionally. When the brinjals are tender remove from fire.
- Serve Maachor Telera Bhoja Bengena with boiled rice, decorating with mint leaves.
Notes: Roasted brinjal is a favourite side dish of Assamese cuisine.