Tel Pitha (Delicious Fried Pitha)
- Sticky rice: 1 ½ cups
- Rice: 3 ½ cups
- Grated jaggery: 1 ½ cups
- Water: ½ cup
- Grated lemon rind: 1 tsp
- Ground pepper: 2 level tsps
- Mustard oil: for deep frying
- Soak both the rice together for an hour. Drain well.
- Pound the rice together to a fine powder. Sieve.
- In a mixie mix the jaggery with water to a smooth paste.
- Add the jaggery paste to the rice powder. Sprinkle lemon rind and mix well.
- Keep covered for four hours..
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi. With a tablespoon drop batter to the oil.
- Deep fry the pithas one by one till golden brown upon medium heat.
- Relish Tel Pitha with a cup of hot tea.
Notes: It can be stored for a week. Before serving warm the pitha in a warm oven for two minutes.