Komolar kheer (Orange kheer)
- Packed milk: 1 litre
- Sugar: 3-4 tbsps
- Almond: 6
- Cashewnuts: 6
- Orange pulp: ½ cup
- Put the milk in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring the milk to boil and reduce heat to minimum.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time.
- Soak the almond for a couple of hours and peel.
- Chop or slice the almonds and the cashewnuts.
- When the milk starts to thicken add the dry fruits to the kheer.
- Add sugar and keep stirring.
- When the kheer is of desired consistency switch off the gas.
- Keep stirring for awhile.
- Cool the kheer and cover.
- Just before serving add the chilled orange pulp.
- Enjoy as a dessert after a meal.
Notes: Its a popular sweetdish of Assam. To us it is a must have dish during the season of orange.