Pork with lai xaak (pork with Rugosa)
- Pork meat: 400 gms
- Pork fat: 200 gms
- Green chillies: 10
- Ginger: 1 thumb size
- Garlic: 1 whole
- Lai xaak: 200 gms
- Salt: to taste
- Water: about 500 ml
- Boiling water: as required
- Clean the pork meat and the fat.
- Make desired size pieces of the meat and the fat.
- Wash well with warm water.
- Wash and slit the green chillies.
- Peel the ginger, wash and crush.
- Peel the garlic cloves and crush.
- Wash the tender lai xaak.
- In a heavy pot take the water anb bring to boil.
- Add the meat and the fat.
- Also add the slit green chillies and salt to taste.
- After about 10 minutes add the crushed garlic.
- Keep the water level by adding boiling water in between.
- When the meat is almost done break the lai xaak with hands and add to the meat.
- When done add the crushed ginger and stir well.
- Switch off the gas and cover.
- After about 2 minutes the meat is ready to be served.
- Enjoy with boiled rice.
Notes: Can also add sliced onion. A few chopped chillies added along with the crushed ginger makes the dish more tastier.