Mati dailor logot paro manxo (pigeon with split black gram)
- Mati dail: 150 ml
- Water: 700 ml
- Onion paste: 2 tbsps
- Garlic paste: 2 tsps
- Ginger paste: 1 tsp
- Slit green chillies:4
- Oil: 3-4 tbsps
- Bay leaves: 2
- Dry chillies: 2
- Fennel powder: 1 tsps level
- Coriande powder: 1 level tsp
- Crushed cardamom: 4
- Crushed cinnamon: 1 inch long
- Turmeric powder: 1 level tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Freshly crushed pepper powder: 1 level tsp
- Soak the dal overnight. Wash and drain.
- Do not remove all the peel .
- Pressure cook the dal with a little salt.
- Heat oil in a karai.
- Fry the bay leaves and dry chiilies till it changer colour.
- Add the onion paste and fry for half a minute. Add the garlic paste and fry till oil floats to the top.
- Add the meat and sprinkle coriander powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir fry upon medium heat till the meat is dry of water.
- Add the hot dal and slit green chillies.
- Cook covered till done.
- Add the crushed cardamom and cinnamon.
- Also add the pepper powder, ginger paste and stir well.
- Cover and switch off the gas,
- After about 2 minutes remove cover and serve with boiled rice.
- Enjoy with a fritter of your choice.
Notes: In place of powdered coriander and fennel you can add its paste.