Bhapot diya maach (Steamed fish)
- Hilsa fish: 6
- Mustard seed; 2 tbsps
- Poppy seeds: 2 tsps
- Chopped onion: 2 medium
- Chopped chillies: 3
- Grated ginger: 1/2 tsp
- Nigela: a pinch
- Whole chillies: 2
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard oil: 2 tbsps
- Clean the fish, wash and drain.
- Soak the mustard seed and poppy seeds for about 10 minutes.
- Make a fine paste of the mustard seed and poppy seeds along with nigela and a little salt.
- Take the paste in a bowl and add the fish pieces.
- Also add chopped onion, chopped chillies and salt to taste.
- Add about 2 tsps of oil and the grated ginger.
- Mix well with hands.
- Marinate for about 10 minutes and steam cook till the fish are tender.
- Add the remaining mustard oil and the green chillies while steaming hot.
- Cover for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish ans serve.
- Enjoy Bhapot diya maach with boiled joha rice and a green chilli
Notes: Can also add a pinch of turmeric powder to give a little colour.