Baahor chungat Maach (Fish cooked in bamboo hollow)
- Boneless fish: 1 kg
- Bamboo hollow: 2
- Banana leaves: 2
- Chopped chillies: 6-10
- Grated ginger: 2 tsps
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsps
- Salt: to taste
- For garnishing: mustard oil and chopped onion
- Make pieces of the boneless fish, wash and drain well.
- Clean the bamboo hollows .
- Clean and make the banana leaves pliable by passing it upon fire.
- Take the fish in a large bowl and add chopped chillies and grated ginger.
- Sprinkle salt to taste and chopped coriander.
- Marinate for about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix well and fill the 2 bamboo hollows.
- Seal the bamboo hollows with the banana leaves.
- Put the bamboo hollow upon charcoal fire and rotate from time to time.
- When done remove from fire.
- When cool slit open the bamboo tubes.
- Garnish with mustard oil and chopped onion.
- Enjoy with a traditional meal.
Notes: River fresh small fish is much more delicious to eat. The method is same as above.