Rongalao Aag Bhaji (Tender Front of Pumpkin plant)
- Rongalao Aag: 6
- Potatoes: 2 medium
- Sliced onion: 1 medium
- Mustard seed paste: 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Chilli powder: ½ tsp
- Warm water: 350 ml
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: aMethodording to taste
- To decorate: a tender pumpkin leaf
- Peel the tender stems. Cut into 1 ½ inch length.
- Also use the tender leaves.
- Soak the potatoes in water for ten minutes. Rub and wash. Slice the potatoes.
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi. Add sliced onion and fry till soft.
- Add the sliced potatoes and Rongalao Aag. Sprinkle chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir for a while. Add the mustard seed paste. Stir well.
- Add warm water and bring to boil.
- Simmer covered till done.
- Serve with rice decorating with a pumpkin leaf.
- Rongalao Aag Bhaji can also be served with parathas.
Notes: Can garnish with a tablespoon of mustard oil.