Alu Bhaji (Assamese style potato fry)
- Potatoes: 5 medium
- Mustard oil: 100 gms
- Nigella seeds: ½ level tsp
- Dry chillies: 2
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: to taste
- To decorate: a chilli
- Peel and wash the potatoes.
- Cut into desired sizes.
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi.
- Add nigella seeds and the dry chillies.
- When fried add the potatoes.
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir. When the potatoes are lightly brown the bhaji is done.
- Strain and enjoy Alu Bhaji with luci.
- Can also serve as a side dish with a meal.