Til Pitha (Sesame Pancake)
- Sticky rice: 1 kg
- Black sesame seed (til): 400 gms
- Jaggery (grated): 750 gms
- Orange rind: as per taste
- Soak the rice for 3-4 hours. Drain well.
- Pound the rice to a fine powder. Sieve twice with a very fine sieve.
- Keep in an airtight container in a compact condition.
- Clean, wash and dry the sesame seed beforehand.
- Stir fry dry in small portions in a karahi. When the sesame starts to crackle remove the sesame seeds from fire. Pound coarsely.
- Mix the pounded sesame seed well with grated jaggery and orange rind.
- Heat a griddle. Take a handful of rice power and spread thinly in round shape.
- Sprinkle sesame and jaggery mixture on the pitha and fold the pitha in half.
- Keep aside for a while on the side of griddle so that the pitha is crisp. Turn once.
- Serve Til Pitha hot. Can be stored fresh for 2 weeks.
- Before serving warm the pithas in a warm oven for two minutes.
Notes: Half moon (Jun) shape til pithas are also called Jun Pitha .