Nimakhiya Pitha (Salted Pitha)
- Sticky rice:500 gm
- Grated coconut: 250 gms
- Finely chopped onion: 2 tbsps
- Finely chopped ginger: 1 tsps
- Finely chopped chilli: 2 tsp
- Curry leaves: 10
- Mustard seeds: a pinch
- Peanut Oil : 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tsps
- Salt : to taste
- Soak the sticky rice for 4 hours. Drain well.
- Pound tthe rice to a very fine powder and sieve with a very fine sieve thrice.
- Keep in an airtight container in a compact condition.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the peanut oil.
- Splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves,chopped onion,green chillies and ginger to it.
- Add the grated coconut. Upon medium heat stir fry. Sprinkle sugar and salt.
- When the coconut is done remove the pan from fire.
- Heat a griddle. Take a handfull of rice powder and spread thinly on the hot griddle. Sprinkle a teaspoon of the fried coconut in the pitha and fold the pitha.
- Turn the pitha and keep aside for awhile. When done remove.
- Enjoy pitha hot with a cup of tea or coffee.
Notes: Instead of sugar, sugarfree powder can be added. Take out the coconut juice before frying the grated coconut and keep it aside for later use.