Chunga pitha (Bamboo tube pitha)
- Sticky rice powder: 3 cups
- Finely grated coconut: 1 cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Tender bamboo tubes:
- Mix the sticky rice powder.grated cocunut and the sugar with a spoon.
- Put the rice powder mixture into the tube.
- Press the mixture inside the tube.
- Keep an empty space on the tube so that the moxture can expand.
- Tightly close the ppening with a babana leaf.
- Can also use a silver foil.
- Cook upon slow open fire.
- First cook the mouth of the tube.
- Rotate from time to time so that it cooks evenly.
- When done remove and let the tube cool slightly.
- Split the tube and serve with cream and jaggery.
- The more the slice are thinner the tastier the taste of the chunga pitha.
Notes: Can make salty chunga pitha also.