Aampitha (Mango Pitha)
- Ripe mango: 2 medium sized
- Grated jaggery: ½ cup
- Fresh rice powder: 300 gms
- Banana leaves: 2
- Wash and peel the mangoes.
- Grate the mangoes and mix with jaggery and rice power.
- Depending upon the pulp the rice powder may vary.
- Divide into two equal portions.
- Clean the banana leaves. Dry and pass them over low fire to make the leaves pliable.
- Place the mixture in the centre of the leaves and make two parcels.
- Tie the parcels with strings and bake over a hot griddle on both sides one by one till done.
- Open the parcels. Make pieces and serve Aampitha hot with tea.
Notes: During the hot summer days serve Aampitha with cold sweetened milk.