Sagor Payas (Sago Payas)
- Sago: ½ cup
- Milk: 1 ½ litre
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Bay leaves: 2
- Grated lemon peel: ½ tsp level
- Wash the sago and soak in a cup of milk for half an hour.
- Soak the saffron in a little warm milk.
- Take the milk in a heavy saucepan and bring to boil.
- Change the heat to medium and add the bay leaves.
- Also add the sago granules and stir occasionally.
- After about 10 minutes change the heat to minimum..
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- When it is of desired consistency add the sugar and lemon peel.
- Keep upon low fire for 5 more minutes stirring in between.
- Switch off the gas and stir for awhile. Cool.
- Tasty to eat if served chill.
- Serve as a dessert.
Notes: Can also add chopped dry fruits of your choice. But I like it plain.