- Maida: 1 cup
- Baking powder: 2/3 level tsp
- Ghee: 2 tbsps
- Warm water: to make the dough
- For the syrup----
- Sugar: 1 and 1/2 cup
- Water: 1 and 1/2 cup
- Ghee or peanut oil: for deep frying
- For garnishing: chopped pista
- Sieve the flour ang baking powder.
- Add ghee and mix with fingers.
- With warm water make a dough.
- Roll and make 12 gojas.
- Heat plenty of ghee in a wok.
- Upon warm ghee fry the gojas till almost done.
- Switch off the gas and let it cook till done.
- Make a sugar syrup in a wok till 2 thread consistency.
- Add the gojas to the hot syrup and stir slowly.
- When done take out in a plate.
- Garnish with chopped pista and enjoy warm gojas.
Notes: It is a popular sweet snack of Assam. We love to enjoy it with a warm cup of tea.