Bora Chaulor Payas (Sticky Rice Payas)
- Milk : 2 ½ litre
- Sticky rice : 50 gms
- Ghee : 3 tbsps
- Bay leaves : 2
- Cardamom: 4
- Jaggery : 100 gms
- Soak the sticky rice for an hour. Wash well and drain.
- Spread on a plate to dry.
- In a saucepan boil the milk. Simmer and reduce the milk to about 1 ½ litre..
- In a pan heat oil. Caramalize sugar.
- Add bay leaves, cardamom and the soft rice.
- Stir upon medium heat till the rice changes colour.
- Add milk and stir. Keep the fire to minimum.
- When the payas thickens add jaggery.
- Stir. When done remove from fire.
- Chill Bora Chaulor Payas and serve as the last course of a meal.
Notes: You can make this payas with the red sticky rice or the white one. But it tastes better with red sticky rice.