Rongalao Aru Haanhor Manxor Jhol (Duck Curry with Pumpkin)
- Dressed duck: 1 kg
- Rongalao (pumpkin): 500 gms
- Potatoes: 2 medium sized
- Mustard oil: 100 ml
- Onions: 4 medium sized
- Garlic: 2 whole
- Ginger: 1 (1 ½ inch length)
- Cardamom: 6
- Cinnamon: 2 (1 inch pieces)
- Clove: 6
- Bay leaves: 4
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Green slit chillies: 4
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Hot water: 1 litre
- Salt: to taste
- Cut the duck into serving portions. Clean, wash and drain the meat.
- Peel and wash the pumpkin and potatoes .Make pieces.
- Peel and wash the onions, garlic and ginger.
- Slice the onions and ginger.
- Make a paste of the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Make a paste of cardamom, cinnamon and clove.
- In a karahi heat mustard oil. Caramel sugar.
- Add the onion paste and bay leaves.
- When the onion changes colour sprinkle turmeric powder and stir till oil floats to the top.
- Sprinkle water twice while frying.
- Add the duck meat, pumpkin and potatoes.
- Also sprinkle coriander powder and salt.Upon high heat stir.
- When the meat is of golden colour and dry of water add the warm water.
- Cover and simmer till the duck meat is tender and the gravy thickens.
- Serve Rongaloa Aru Hannhor Manxor Jhol with rice.
Notes: In the village almost every household rear duck.