Patot Dia Mach (Baked Fish)
- Boneless fish: 500 gms
- Banana leaf: 1
- Finely chopped onions: 2 medium sized
- Chopped green chillies: 1 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Make eight pieces of the fish.
- Clean, wash and drain the fish.
- Clean the banana leaf. Dry it and pass over low fire to make the leaf pliable.
- Mix half of the chopped onions, green chillies and lemon juice to the fish.
- Mix together in a bowl with the fish.
- Put the fish along with the mix ingredients on the banana leaf and wrap it into a parcel.
- Secure the parcel with a string. Place the parcel on a griddle over a moderate heat.
- Roast on both sides till one gets the aroma of the burnt leaf and baked fish.
- Remove the parcel from fire. Open the parcel.
- Add the remaining chopped onion and mustard oil to the baked fish. Mash and mix.
- Serve Patot Diya Mach as a side dish of a meal.
Notes: Can use as a sandwich filling.