Pabha Maachor chorchori (Pavda fish with mustard paste)
- Pavda fish: 4 (400 gms)
- Mustard seed: 1and 1/2 tbsps
- Cashewnut: 10
- Mustard oil: for frying the fish
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Nigella: a pinch
- Bay leaf: 1
- Chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Hot water: 250 ml
- Clean the fish well, wash and drain.
- Make a paste of the mustard seeds with the garlic pod and a little salt.
- Soak the cashewnut for about 15 minutes and make a paste.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the fish till half done.
- Heat oil in another frying pan and temper with nigella and bay leaf.
- Add mustard seed paste and chilli powder.
- Stir a little and add hot water.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer till almost done.
- Add the cashewnut paste with a little water and add to the curry.
- Simmer till done.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
Notes: Can garnish with slit green chillies and mustard oil.