Narasinghar logot maach Cat fish
- Fish: 6 pieces
- curry leaf paste: 1/2 cup
- Garlic cloves: 1 whole
- Whole pepper: 2 tsps
- Mustard oil: to half fry the fish
- Mustard oil: 1 and 1/2 tbsps ( to prepare the curry)
- Bay leaves: 2
- Cumin seeds: a pinch
- Turmeric powder: as desired
- Salt: to taste
- Hot water: 350 ml
- Wash the fish and drain well.
- Rub salt and turmeric powder to the fish.
- Shallow fry the fish pieces till half done.
- Make a paste of the garlic and pepper.
- Heat oil in a karai.
- Fry the cumin seed and bay leaves till the cumin seeds are brown.
- Add the masala paste and fry till oil floats to the top.
- Add turmeric powder and stir.
- Add the curry paste and stir for about 1/2 minute upon medium heat.
- Add hot water and bring to boil.
- Sprinkle salt to taste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook farther till the grave thickens and the fish pieces are soft.
- Switch of the gas.
- Serve with boiled rice
Notes: Can add a few crushed pepper at the end.