Maachor Muror Logot Jatilao Bhaji (Bottle gourd Fry with Fish Head)
- Bottle gourd: 500 gms
- Fish head: 300 gms
- Salt: to rub the fish head
- Mustard oil: to fry the fish head
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Mustard seed: a pinch
- Slit green chillies: 2-3
- Salt: to taste
- Turmeric powder: ½ level tsp
- Sugar: ½ level tsp
- Peel and wash the bottle gourd. Dice the bottle gourd into ½ inch size.
- Make small pieces the fish head. Clean, wash and drain.
- Rub only with salt and keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Half fry the pieces.
- Heat oil in a karahi. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add bottle gourd, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Also add the half fried fish head pieces.
- Stir and cover upon medium heat.
- Stir oMethodasionally. When the bottle gourd is soft remove from fire.
- Serve Maachor Muror Logot Jatilao Bhaji rice and dail.
Notes: In Assam the kitchen is normally spacious. We are still in the habit of entertaining our closed ones in the kitchen.