maach bhoja (Fish fry)
- Sea fish: 300 ml
- bamboo shoot juice:1 tbsp
- garlic paste: 1 tsp
- tomato sauce: 1tbsp
- mustard sauce: 1 tbsp
- mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Clean the fish, wash and drain well.
- With a sharp knife make four incisions on both sides.
- Marinate it with bamboo shoot juice, and salt for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and upon medium heat fry the fish till half done.
- Add garlic paste and tomato sauce and turn the fish for a couple of times so that the paste and the tomato sauce mixes well.
- Add a table spoon or water and cook.
- Turn the fish and again add a tablespoon of water and cook covered till done.
- Add the mustard sauce and turn the fish a couple of times.
- When done serve hot with boiled vegetables.
Notes: For slight variation instead of tomato juice and mustard oil can add dry bamboo shoot at the end of frying.