- Koldil: 1(about ½ kg)
- Sliced onion: 2 tbsp
- Grated ginger: 1 level tsp
- Green chillies: 3
- Coriander: 4 sprigs
- Mustard oil: 1 ½ tbsp
- Kola khar: 2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- - Grill the banana flower upon moderate fire .
- Turn the flower from time to time for even cooking.
- When done keep aside and let it cool.
- Roast the green chillies and pound.
- Remove the outer charred layers of the banana flower till you get the soft inner core.
- Take it in a bowl and mash the flower with a fork.
- Add the pounded chillies, sliced onion and grated ginger to the banana flower.
- Tear the coriander and add.
Add salt, Kolakhar and mustard oil.
Mix well with hand.
Enjoy Koldil Pitika as a starter or with rice.