Bengena & Shanmehali Xaakor Khar (Mix Herb Khar with Brinjal)
- Brinjal: 100 gm
- Onion: 2 medium sized
- Mustard leaves: 50 gms
- Spinach: 50 gms
- Fenugreek leaves: 15 gms
- Curry leaves: 4 sprigs
- Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch
- Ginger: 1 inch length
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Fenugreek seeds: a pinch: 1 tbsp
- Sodium bicarbonate: ¼ tsp
- Salt and sugar: to taste
- To garnish: mustard oil - 2 tsps
- A green chilli
- Wash the brinjal and cut into desired size.
- Clean, wash and drain all the xaaks together and chop.
- Peel and wash the ginger piece. Crush the ginger piece.
- .Heat mustard oil in a karahi. Sputter fenugreek seeds.
- Add the brinjal and chopped xaak. Stir upon medium heat for awhile.
- Add sodium bicarbonate and sprinkle salt and sugar. Stir oMethodasionally.
- Add the coarsely crushed ginger and cover.
- Reduce heat.When done garnish with mustard oil.
- Serve Bengena Aru Shanmehali Xaakor Khar with rice.
- Enjoy the khar with a green chilli.
Notes: Crushed ginger is added at the end for flavouring.