Matidailor Logot Amita (Black Gram with Raw Papaya)
- Black gram: 250 gms
- Raw papaya: 250 gms
- Tomato: 2 medium sized
- Grated onion: 4
- Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste: 1 ½ tsps
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsps
- Water: 1 litre
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Wash and soak the dail for 4-5 hours.
- Peel, wash and cut the papaya to one inch pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes. Slice the tomatoes removing seeds.
- Pressure cook the dail in one litre water with the papaya pieces.
- When the pressure comes to full pressure reduce heat and keep upon fire for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a karahi. Add the grated onion and fry for about a minute.
- Fry till oil floats to the top. Sprinkle water twice while frying
- Sprinkle turmeric powder and salt. Stir.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and fry upon medium heat till the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour the contents of the cooker into the karahi. Stir.
- Add the ginger paste. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or till done.
Notes: It is a favourite dish of my family. We relish it with rice or chapattis.