Pani Tenga (Tangy Mustard Chutney)
- Mustard seeds: 150 gms
- Lemon juice: to knead the mustard powder
- Plantain leaf: 1
- Salt and sugar: to taste
- Chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Clean, wash and dry the seeds. Dry grind the seeds and sieve.
- Clean the plantain leaf. Dry it and soften it upon fire.
- On the wrong side of the plantain leaf put the dry grinded powder.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar and chilli powder to it.
- Add the lemon juice little at a time to the mustard powder.
- Knead it with finger tips for about 15 minutes or until oil seeps from the dough.
- Make a ball. Flatten it and wrap it on the plantain leaf like a parcel.
- Tie the parcel and keep it inside a container. Keep the container in a warm place.
- On the third or fourth day the Pani Tenga is ready to eat.
Notes: Juice of any acid fruit can be used to make PANI TENGA.