Laor bakolir Bor (Bottle gourd Peel Fritters)
- Bottle gourd peel:10 (1 inch by 2 inch size)
- Gram flower (besan): 50 gms
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Nigella seeds: ½ level tsp
- Poppy seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Salt: to taste
- Water: to make the paste
- Mustard oil: for deep frying
- Wash and drain the peels.
- Make a paste of the gram flower, baking soda, turmeric powder, salt, nigella, poppy seeds and water.
- Heat mustard oil in a small karahi. Dip the peels in the paste.
- Deep fry the peel upon medium heat one by one till crispy and done.
- Put the fried bors on paper napkin to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot Laor bakolir Bor as a starter.
Notes: Only the peel of a tender bottle gourd is fried as a fritter.