Kackolor bor bhaji (Raw banana cutlets)
- Boiled and mashed banana: 1 cup
- Boiled potato: 1 medium
- Breadcrumbs: about 3/4 cup
- Finely chopped onion: 1 medium
- Finely chopped chillies: 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 level tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: for frying the cutlets
- Take the mashed banana and boiled potato in a bowl.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle salt and garam masala powder.
- Also add about one level tablespoon of breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Divide into equal portions and make balls.
- Take the breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Roll banana balls and flatten them by pressing in breacrumbs.
- Give desired shape.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Upon medium heat fry in batches till golden brown.
- Enjoy with mint chutney.
Notes: The cutlet can also be enjoyed with fermented bamboo shoot chutney.